Thursday 15 December 2011

So now I'm in my blue/green period.

     These paintings are not finished. But as you can see I've finally gotten off my butt and started to work. I'm enjoying the process. First I run around the island taking photos. Then I go to the beach for a swim. Then I go home and paint. Then I go to the beach for a swim. Then I have a drink and admire the progress. Then I go to the beach for a swim. Tough life, but somebody has to do it!
     Jim has been on the phone non-stop since we arrived. He is working too hard. Would somebody tell him to stop and smell the roses? Or maybe the orchids and plumeria. But at least he is working in a swimming suit instead of the ol' Prada get up! Now that the house is 'decorated' we can sit back and enjoy it. We are way out on the southwest end of the island. It's very quiet and secluded. Here's a shot of the living room. It's small but well appointed. Cable television, ipod port, the works. Last night Jim saw a couple of shooting stars. We are living outdoors most of the time.  Jim wants to decorate for Xmas. I'm not sure what he has in mind. We have no chimney for Santa. Maybe we'll leave out some cookies and coconut milk for Mr. Nicholas. A 'painkiller' would be better! Yum!

1 comment: