Saturday 10 December 2011

Adventures with 'Butch'.

     Since my art supplies have yet to arrive, I decided to take the car ferry over to St. Thomas in search of stuff. What stuff? Any stuff. I was planning to go Saturday, but couldn't wait. And as Jim was working all day I decided that Friday might be less crowded at 'the mall' and might be less stress for me. 
     Meet 'Butch' the trusty Jeep Wrangler. He is only a  few years old with only 18,000 miles on him. But he looks like he's been driven hard and put away wet. Literally. Anyway off I went to the car ferry and backed on. It's a twenty minute ride to St Thomas. Because I went early there wasn't much traffic. I got to the art supply store with no problems. Then it was off to Kmart, Cost-U-Less (like Costco) and finally The Home Depot. Can you believe I shopped at Kmart? Let's just say that the selection was limited. Cost-U-Less was great for food. But it's the ol' buying-in-bulk thing. They had Xmas trees for sale but all were reserved. What are we going to do with pounds of flour and sugar? Glad to see lots of Nabisco brands there. I went to The Home Depot last. Purchased an umbrella, stand and a couple of plastic chairs for our upstairs lounge. Plastic? Whatever. Check out the sheer curtains I got to add a bit of shade on the patio. Very Ian Schrager. So we are pretending that we have a suite at the Delano or maybe one of his spots in Manhattan. Anyone for room service? I ran into a bit of traffic getting back to the ferry dock. Plus I made a couple of wrong turns. All in all it was a fun experience. Saw an amazing rainbow on the ferry. I wish Jim had come along. Maybe next trip. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment