Saturday 3 March 2012

De Gallery It be Open.


March 2, 2012. The art gallery opening was a big success. 
Well OK, so it was a medium success. 
Or maybe it was just interesting? Whatever. I had fun. 
And I think everyone there did too as well. There was a pretty large crowd, so I'm told by the gallery owner who knows about such events. Lots of wine and munchies. After standing up schmoozing for three hours my feet hurt!  Some of our new island friends stopped by. Architect Rob Crane and his wife Mares. Captain Greg Freitas and his wife Barbara. Also I got to meet some of the gallery artists like Joan Farrenkopt. I had the pleasure of meeting Kat Sowa who is one of the islands most outstanding painters. Jim took all these photos. A little fuzzy, but he decided not to use a flash so he has an excuse! Or is he just fuzzy naturally? There was a nice write-up in the St. John Tradewinds newspaper before the event. The gallery owner tells me that he was very pleased with the turn-out. Now all I need is a few sales! 
Crossed fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment