Tuesday 21 February 2012

Invasion of de body snatchers.

      Does anybody recognize this plant? I think the body snatchers have arrived on our planet again and are about to take over St. John. Actually, these 'pods' of something started to grow in the middle of our palm trees. We have two such palms and two such pods. Maybe they are bananas? At first I thought it was a big flower. But every day it has grown bigger and bigger. I'd say that each pod is about two feet in length. Then they opened up over night and these 'flower like objects' appeared. If they turn into bananas, can we eat them? I like bananas but this is crazy. There will be at least 48 of them on one tree alone. Maybe they're plantains, like from Puerto Rico. Carumba!
      Look pretty big, huh? Size does matter, right Jim?

      Changing subjects, I am painting away like a madman (not the TV advertising ones). I have only ten days left before the gallery opening. And I have three paintings unfinished that I'd love to exhibit. These last ones are a lot more sailboat intensive. Since I've sold one painting with sailboats, I'm betting that a few more couldn't hurt. See photo at left. Anyway, you can't rush these things, but I'm trying to. The large painting has about twenty-five yachts in it. And the details of the boats take time and a steady hand. Whatever.
      Sorry the blog has been quiet for a while. Jim is away on business and I'm just away, over my head!
      Keep watching, Jim will be home soon and then we'll start exploring the island again.

Be cool, mon.

No comments:

Post a Comment