Monday 16 January 2012

Winter? What winter? Only wildlife.

This shot was taken yesterday, Sunday January 15th. Jim is trying out his new snorkel gear at Francis Bay. He claims to have seen a sea-turtle. Others saw an octopus. Bob saw nothing. Well OK, maybe I saw a few pretty fish but I want to see the big stuff. I did see a manta ray gliding right up next to the shore. But it was a baby one. Perhaps the big game are afraid of me? Maybe my sunscreen is offensive? Could my swimsuit be too colorful? I don't get it. Could they be confusing me with a whale? Don't answer that! But I'm not ready to throw in the beach towel just yet. Jim has left today for a business meeting on The Cape. Why be cold and wet when you can be warm and wet? Whatever. I will head back to one of the beaches for another try at a close encounter with the marine wildlife kind. I'll keep you posted on my progress.
Check out this photo of our friendly house guest. We call him Shorty because he is short most of his tail, poor fellow. Apparently lizards are quite territorial and this one has staked out our front porch. We see him daily and he is not afraid of us at all. I guess once someone has bitten off your tail nothing phases you? Maybe he thinks I'm a relative because I have no tail. Anyway, he is great to have around because lizards live on mosquitoes. I personally could live without any flying pests. But I guess that's the price of an 83 degree winter.  I understand that it's in the twenties in Connecticut. OK, enough of the temperature. Scarf, hat, gloves? Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment