Sunday 29 January 2012

Happy Birthday to me. Happy Jim.

So it's my birthday. Imagine, I'm still in my fifties. What? Stop laughing. OK, so maybe I'm a touch older. Slightly. Whatever.
For my big day I took Jim sailing on a sloop out of Caneel Bay Resort. See left. It's the 'Spitfire', a 50 foot custom build cruiser built in 1981. Captain Greg and his wife Barbara were our hosts. It was pretty windy but it was clear that we were in good hands. The sailing was absolutely gorgeous. We went up wind to Jost Van Dyke and then tacked back over to Leinster Bay on St. John. There we snorkeled and had lunch. Somone saw a sea turtle. Did Bob? Not. I'm getting a complex about this. There were two other couples aboard who were quite entertaining. Lots of good humor and good food. After lunch we set sail back home. It was all downwind and smooth sailing. I'd guess it was blowing over 20 knots, but on a boat this large you couldn't tell it. Awesome! Along the way we went through a thunderstorm. Us crew all went below and stayed dry. Landlubbers!
So here are Bob and Jim back on the dock. Bob is smiling because he went sailing. Jim is smiling because Bob got the news today that one of his paintings has sold. In less than a week! Jim knows that Bob will be in a really good mood!
Happy birthday to me. Lucky Jim.





No comments:

Post a Comment